Wednesday, June 10, 2009

All Quiet on the Front!

dear me, but what a succession of obstacles have been thrown my way!  Wargaming has almost entirely ceased on the tabletop, what with the loft being full of junk (ie, 'cleaned out' which essentially just means everything being moved around - never matters how much you throw out, the rest of the junk just seems to expand and take up the room!)

Anyway, wargames space has vanished.  Painting has slowed to a virtual standstill.  The final purchase of figures has been postponed.  Spare time has disappeared.  All in all - a perfect storm of distractions to derail my hobby!  About all I've managed to do recently is read blogs!

Anyway, at least there's a reason.  In four weeks and one day, I'll be getting married!  Yes, the Empress herself will be setling down with me as I make an honest woman of her.  I've managed to keep at least some background hobby-activity up until now, but there's no denying the amount of time on hobbies is draining away- I'll have to admit defeat, temporarily hold off future posts, and get my head down for the next six weeks.  Mind you, the last two weeks of that time is my honeymoon, which should be an enjoyable and well-earned holiday!  Once that's done, I'll doubtless have stacks of spare time to fill up, so I'll be looking forward to my return to 'full time' Aschenbach & Luftberg campaigning.  Wish me luck, and I'll be back soon!

C

5 comments:

Bluebear Jeff said...

First of all . . . CONGRATULATIONS!

Second . . . CONGRATULATIONS!

Third . . . (you guessed it) . . . CONGRATULATIONS!


-- Jeff

Fitz-Badger said...

Congratulations, best wishes, good luck! :-D

abdul666 said...

Congratulations indeed!

Prinz Geoffrey said...

Congratulations, but don't believe there will be oodles of time after the wedding is over. There will be pleanty of to do lists and shopping. Negotiate a weekday night for hobbying in advance.;)

A J said...

Oh, my! Congratulations!

There must be something in the air. I'm getting married too, on the 3rd July - which is one way of remembering our anniversary! ;)