Tuesday, July 1, 2008

News Updates

As I started this about the start of June, this means I'm now writing my first post outside my inaugural month - hooray!

To all those who have kindly posted about my 6mm painting efforts, thank you very much. I'm probably degrading my eyesight at a terrifying rate, and nearly hurtled an entire regiment of Grenadiers through my TV set in sheer frustration at the fiddly awfulness of the uniforms, but somehow - I'm actually enjoying it! :-)

As her royal highness (my fiancée) has decided the loft needs cleaning out, I’m still unable to try out the Might & Reason rules. Still, as the current cleaning programme is likely to leave me with much more ‘elbow room’ for games, I’m actually quite prepared to put up with the delay. I’m less happy about my knees being red raw from all the scrambling around hauling boxes, but what can you do?

Hooray! Frederick’s first infantry regiment in 6mm is ready. Here’s a photo of them, sporting the uniforms of IR1 Von Winterfeldt. I was a bit unsure about the base, but then I’ve only seen them as an individual unit on a wood shelf. I’m proceeding on trust that when assembled en masse on a green table surface, they’ll look the part. For the photos below, I've merely placed them on an old green folder to inprove things a little.

If I may offer any word of advice, it's that the flags make a big improvement to a unit all on their own - even if they need some work to improve them (you can see my orange flag has a slight white 'edge' to it, which I'll need to paint out.)


I have a total of six Line Infantry regiments to paint for Mollwitz 2.0. Currently underway on the painting table (or drillsquare, if you will) are a grenadier unit, a Cuirassier unit, and (in the background) my army’s artillery. Pics will follow as and when the units are fit for parade.

5 comments:

Fitz-Badger said...

They look very good there! I'm sure they'll definitely "look the part" en masse.

Bluebear Jeff said...

I agree . . . but if I might make one suggestion . . .

I mount my flags so that they are at about a 45` angle rather than straight back.

Why? So that both I and my opponent can see them better (rather than looking at the edges of the flags).


-- Jeff

CWT said...

Jeff - Ooh, I like that idea! Consider it done. The colour-bearers have been roundly thrashed for their failure, and confined to barracks for 17 years.

C

Capt Bill said...

I really like your flag with the black stag in the center; great desihn. I have already appropriated your austrian flag with the black eagle for some of my units. Keep up the good work...Bill

tradgardmastare said...

I havent called in for some time but am most excited to see such super developments. Keep up the good work...