Monday, August 4, 2008

Busy at the table


I've been buffing up some of my 15mm units, as the campaign develops. The units were painted some time ago, and as all my painting energies are currently on 6mm (details to follow on another post) I'm keeping the 15mm work to a minimum. However, I'm planning to do up some regimental flags, etc. over the next while. Above is Schrodinger's KR2 regiment, now with it's blue coat facings and even a small blue cockade in their tricornes.
Other uniform changes of note are the Aschenbach Foot Guards IR1, which (following the switch to 8-man units prior to Vogelhof) are now represented by grenadier figures rather than tricorne-wearing regular musketeers. Not that the promotion did them much good though, at Vogelhof.
I'll post shortly on my 6mm progress, on a slight refinement I'm making to the tabletop battles - one surely seems imminent - and one post giving a general commentary on how the campaign is developing.

8 comments:

Bluebear Jeff said...

Might I suggest that you find an appropriately scaled cat and have it running beside the horses?

After all, what would Schrodinger be without his cat?

If you don't get the reference, type Shrodinger's cat into Google (or any other search engine).


-- Jeff

Capt Bill said...

I never thought of having a cat with my troops, what a great idea. My lads would be so proud! By the way, one can never have too many cuirassiers...Bill

DestoFante said...

Congratulations on these miniatures. WOW, a lot of fine details on a 15mm! Bravo!

DestoFante said...

... mmm... who produces cats in 15mm? I know Museum Miniatures has a few domestic animals, here:

http://www.museumminiatures.co.uk/pages/page_Animals.htm

and I am ready to bet that somebody should have a tiger, or a lion, or panther, or some other feline which could pass muster as an overweight and overgrown kitty...

DestoFante said...

Irregular!

http://www.irregularminiatures.co.uk/15mmRanges/15mmAnimals.htm

Bluebear Jeff said...

I know that I've seen some house cat familiars with Magic User or Witch type figures.

You might also try looking in some toy stores for those little plastic animals . . . they might be too big for 15mm . . . but you never know.


-- Jeff

CWT said...

Hi everyone,

Schrodinger is indeed the source of the regimental commander's name. Many of my regiments also owe a debt to the Viennese Secession artistic movement (or will do, as that's from the late 19th Century - makes your head ache!)

I was pondering a heraldic cat device on the regimental pennant, but I like the modelled mascot idea!

CWT said...

... I'll have to be careful not to portray it as a black cat passing in front of any of the Cuirassiers though, or disastrous dice rolls will surely follow...